Soap - Promo Shot

Monday 8 August 2011

Happy Birthday.... To Me....

Date: 08/0811
Author: Peter


Edinburgh really is a town steeped in history. The beautiful architecture, Eisner style rainfall and blend of tourists with locals, peppering the place with a selection of interesting accents during Festival time only adds to the city’s strange sense of magic. And we’re here making monkey sex jokes in a pub’s back room.
A couple of days ago, I discovered a back passage (ooh err) behind our ‘backstage area’. The rough rocky walls coated in dust provided evidence of original architecture untouched for decades, which I found fascinating. Then I realised I’d missed my cue.

Just kidding, I’m far more professional than that. I spend the moments before my entrance standing against the door sweating nervously and occasionally crying.

Anyway, it’s my birthday today. I turned ‘old’ in a little old-manish pub down the road, sipping their ‘cheapest Scottish lager’ and Talisker Whiskey, as a man with a beard played Queen on an acoustic guitar. How I always imagined my birthday....

Today marks our fifth performance. I’m pretty nervous as it’ll be the first time my parents have seen the production. My mum is not a fan of swearing or crudities, so this could be an interesting experience.

Later on, we shall explore the fine dining experience of that Indian restaurant down the road. Mmm curry. But before that, we need to go out onto stage once again, and try not to embarrass ourselves too much. 4 down, 19 to go....

I’m very glad to be spending today in such gorgeous surroundings, with many of my friends. Hopefully they feel the same way....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no defamatory language or offensive content. We wouldn't do it to you.