Soap - Promo Shot

Wednesday 27 July 2011

Produce this *pulls out a mysterious chemical previously unknown to man*. That’s right, you can’t.

Date: 27/07/11
Author: Matt Lavender


Hello, I like to compare myself to Matthew Broderick for three reasons: 
1. I’m playing a producer. 
2. My name is Matthew. 
3. I know very little about acting. 

Reasons 1 and 3 are linked as I thought I’d stay away from the acting side of things in order to save the show from becoming a mockery. In a way, I’m a hero. But seriously, I thought I’d have a stab at producing because up until now I’d never done so. Also because if it was a success, I would be one step closer to becoming a polymath.
Producing essentially boils down to solving various problems and the first problem I encountered was that I didn't know this or anything about producing. Luckily, everyone else involved did and once I’d been educated on the basics, producing activities such as raising money, arranging rehearsals, buying props and the like gradually ran pretty smoothly.
Like Josh, or an alien visitor who has come to earth to teach mankind to respect their planet, my work here is essentially done, which means I will be filling this here blog with intriguing tales of our adventure in the city of Edinburgh. Sort of like an old sea captain who has found land after being away for so long and has subsequently rediscovered a sense of wonderment about the land dwelling customs.     

So you have that to look forward to.

Come and check out the show and if you can make the London preview at The Bedford in Balham on Friday, I highly recommend it.  

Matt.

P.S. If I ever meet Matthew Broderick in person I will apologise for insulting his acting abilities but will gently reprimand him on his career choices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no defamatory language or offensive content. We wouldn't do it to you.