Soap - Promo Shot

Thursday 28 July 2011

Who Am I? Classic Jackie Chan movie, to be fair. Still, not as good as ‘Rush Hour’.

Date: 28/07/11
Author: Peter Fellows

Today I finally left Southcote Road for the last time ever. I can’t say I’ll miss the ropey crack whores, broken glass, or hate crimes of Bournemouth’s infamous red light district. I should probably clarify now that I wasn’t simply visiting to sample the local delicacy and am now a reformed sex addict; I‘ve actually lived in the area for two years (and my terrible affliction is far from reformed). However, now that we’ve reached our final rehearsal I can finally kiss the grim old place behind. Maybe not kiss actually. That’d be unhygienic.

I should probably introduce myself. I realize that I rudely stumbled straight into my first blog entry earlier this week without even a basic ‘Hi there, my name’s Peter’. Well, hi there, my name’s Peter.



There’s very little of interest that I can share with you about myself I’m afraid. Obviously there are the basic facts, but those are no fun. Essential on a CV or Linkedin or something, but there’s a time and a place. And unless I’ve majorly misjudged the flavour of this blog, this isn’t one of those times. So here are five fascinating(ish) facts(ish) about me-

1. As a child I was convinced one of my grandfather’s was Popeye, whilst I secretly assumed the other was Sid James. Never told anyone that before. Now all 3 of you readers out there know.

2. One reason I decided to look into studying down south in Bournemouth was because I saw video footage of a local hero called ‘Gordon The Tramp’, who can mysteriously tell the time without a watch, as if by magic….

3. An idiot in the bank mistook me for Jack Whitehall last week. Stupidly, I attempted to incorporate this story into my stand up routine and it bombed worse than Hiroshima.

4. I have a Yorkshire Terrier called ‘YumYum’.  Walkies are fun; I’m the mentalist you see standing in an empty field shouting ‘YumYum!! YumYum!! Come here YumYum!!!!’ on your way to work every morning.

FUN FACT- I’m not the only member of MT with a Yorkie. A prize will be given to the person who guesses the other name. The prize being one whole ‘Yorkie’ chocolate bar (or similar alternative, T&C’s apply).

5. I could probably win mastermind if the topic was Judge Dredd.

Oh yeah, also, I play Stevie (the psychopathic sleaze bag. Typecast) in ‘Killing Bill Gates’.

I’m terrified of Edinburgh.

That’s about all for now, I think. Just glad to be out of The Southcote.

Cheers!

P.S. Rush Hour 3 is the best one. Unless you're talking classic *classic* Jackie Chan, in which case my vote goes to 'Police Story'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no defamatory language or offensive content. We wouldn't do it to you.